This recipe is a work in progress.
Makes about 50 cookies
- 4 tablesoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablesoons shortening
- 1/2 cup – 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups + 2.5 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15g) butter, softened
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon almond (or hazelnut) paste
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line two heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until fluffy
- Beat in the egg
- Add the flour and mix just until a dough forms
- Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip, and fill the pastry bag with the cookie dough.
- Pipe the dough onto the prepared baking sheets into 2 inch long, spacing 1-inch apart.
- Bake the cookies until they are pale golden around the edges and on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.